It is important to follow safety guidelines when distributing leaflets to ensure that as far as possible we are not exposing people to the virus and putting anyone at more harm. Here are some guidelines that everyone distributing leaflets should follow. You should not do this if you are ill at all.
- Do not leaflet if you are unwell at all, even if you’re only experiencing mild symptoms.
- Leaflets should be stored in smaller piles within ziploc bags
- Social distancing guidelines need to be observed when leafleting and you should only do this during your one form of exercise per day and you should do also do this alone or with 1 other other person only, as per the most recent government guidelines
- Make sure to wash your hands well before starting leafleting and use hand sanitiser if you are able to at regular intervals.
- Only one person should handle leaflets from each ziplocked pack, putting them directly from the bag through the door for each house and minimising contact as far as possible
- Make sure to wash your hands after you are finished too
Hello! We are Anna, Claire and Caitlin
Thank you for visiting our website. After setting up the Buxton Street by Street COVID-19 Support group up on Facebook on March 16th, Anna was quickly joined by Claire and Caitlin who have been instrumental in building it into what it has become
Notable successes to date have been after inviting just 100 friends to the Facebook group, there are now nearly 2,400 members; there have been 1.7k posts, we have 200 volunteers performing a multitude of tasks.
About this site
This site has been built to faciliatate the street by street effort to distribute leaflets and map areas done, and to act as a more centralised information hub for Buxton.
If you have suggestions on how to improve this site, information you would like to add, a correction or an update, please let us know!
- Children and Families
- Fun stuff
- General information
- Goods & Services
- Hardship Support links
- Health information
- Offers of help
- Pleas for help