Take a look at the following link for more information:
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
- You may have side effects after vaccination. These are normal and should go away in a few days.
- It typically takes two weeks after vaccination for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19. You are not fully vaccinated until 2 weeks after the 2nd dose of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a one-dose vaccine.
- Learn how to find a COVID-19 vaccine so you can get it as soon as you can.
- People who have been fully vaccinated can start to do some things that they had stopped doing because of the pandemic.
- We are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show that vaccines help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19.
- We are also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.
- We are still learning how many people have to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before the population can be considered protected (population immunity).
- We are still learning how effective the vaccines are against new variants of the virus that causes COVID-19.