This Sunday (07/02/2021) 1:30 PM
Lets make it clear to High Peak Borough Council that we don’t want them to sell off our Rec to developers.
Due to COVID lockdown we cannot gather in anyway. So we have to be creative.
– Make a Placard along the lines of – “Save Hogshaw”, “Hands Off Hogshaw”, “Save Our Green Space” etc Make sure it is attached to a strong stick or pole that can be pushed into the ground.
– Either drop off the Placard when completed at any time on Saturday 6th Feb or morning of Sunday 7th Feb in my front yard (18 Hogshaw Villas Road).
– or bring your own placard onto the field between 1.30pm and 2.30pm – find a space and push it into the ground. Then leave the area – It is important people
do not gather or congregate – so we cannot be fined!!
WE AIM TO FILL THE FIELD!
– Once we have all the placards in place a photograph will be taken, which will hopefully go into the Buxton Advertiser.
– To impress upon the Council how much we value our recreation space we will be beginning our wildlife garden project at the side of the play area today.
A bird table made by one of our wonderful local residents will be installed in the area today. You are welcome to bring along a bird feeder to hang either from the bird table or nearby trees. Please maintain 2m distance at all times if other people are at the feeder.
– This area will be developed throughout the spring to encourage more wildlife.
– If anyone wishes to make a strong sign for the area to name it “Hogshaw Wildlife Garden” – Please get in touch and let me know.
– Photographs will be taken throughout the event to capture the spirit of the day.