Connex Community Support shared a post:
‘Life in Lockdown’-writing project
Over 65? Ever fancied becoming an author, enjoy writing stories and poetry, fancy being a blogger? If so Connex would like to hear from you!
Connex would like to put together a collection of local stories, poems and blogs about ‘Life in Lockdown’ so we can create a living history to look back on our memories of this time. They can be factual or fantasy, funny, thought-provoking or moving. We are open to your creative interpretations so feel free to use your imaginations!!
There are a few simple rules
• Submissions must be no longer than 500 words
• You can submit up to two pieces of writing
• They can be in the form of poetry or prose or even a blog
• You can write about your real-life experiences but please no stories that might identify other real-life people without their permission.
• Work can be hand written, typed or emailed and if you need help then please let us know
• Please be respectful of others-we won’t accept works we consider to be derogatory or abusive
Deadline for written works is 17th July 2020. Prizes will be awarded for the ones we like best! Post your stories back to Carol Townsend to Connex Community Support,16 Eagle Parade, Buxton, SK17 6EQ or via email to email@example.com.
For more information or help please ring 01298 23970
All submissions will be subject to publication so please ensure you don’t send us anything you wouldn’t like us to publish though your work can remain anonymous.
Please enclose a completed submission form for all posted works.