Access to testing for those with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) is being extended to include additional frontline workers and symptomatic members of their household.
The full list of eligible workers now includes:
- all NHS and social care staff, including hospital, community and primary care, and staff providing support to frontline NHS services (for example accommodation, catering) and voluntary workers
- police, fire and rescue services
- local authority staff, including those working with:
- vulnerable children
- adults and victims of domestic abuse
- the homeless and rough sleepers
- defence, prisons and probation staff, and judiciary
- frontline benefits workers
Anyone who is eligible – has symptoms of coronavirus a high temperature or new continuous cough – and would like to be tested should speak to their employer.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-extend-testing-for-coronavirus-to-more-frontline-workers?fbclid=IwAR1bFYJQeppGRhtKSUGf9FNq8qpIGDoOY_2ejMl0iCnxI0mYeE1Z94-Pt1o
If you are in one of these groups and can’t get access to a test, please contact the local MP Robert Largan on firstname.lastname@example.org